My main responsibility on the base game of The Division 2 was being the designer for one of the open world zones, researching, planning and implementing activities within that zone, including side missions. These are small linear missions, usually set inside one building or block, intending to provide around ten minutes of gameplay.
In this video, I walkthrough one of these side missions, Rooftop Gardens, and provide some insight into the intentions behind the design:
Thanks to environment artist for this mission, Patrick Metz.
Side missions like this were only a part of my responsibility on The Division 2 – for a more general insight into my role at Ubisoft Leamington, please visit this page.
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:13 Choosing the Location
- 00:47 Designing the Mission
- 01:13 Beat 01 – Courtyard
- 02:17 Beat 02 – Apartments #1
- 02:48 Beat 03 – Rooftops #1
- 03:57 Beat 04 – Rooftops #2/Apartments #2
- 05:09 Beat 05 – Rooftops #3
- 06:24 Conclusion