In third year we had an entire module dedicated to the different components that make up a complete game engine. The assessment for this module was based entirely around a solo project, where we had to choose one aspect of a game engine and develop it. I chose to develop a 2D physics engine, as I was interested in understanding how each step of the process worked, from the simulation of rigid bodies through to collision detection and resolution.
Week 8 and I was once again busy with real life, so you’ve got another one of these weird lo-fi physics “games”:
As you can see this marks the glorious return of “the bird” from week 2, because why not. Not much to talk about this time to be honest
A small one this week as I have been extremely busy sorting out my impending move. Regardless, I still got a game of sorts finished. Try it out here:
This is the fifth week of my Game a Week challenge. I didn’t have a clear goal this week but things really came together once I started experimenting on Friday, and this is the result:
The paddle follows the cursor, use a and d (or left and right cursor keys) to tilt the paddle slightly. Use the ball to destroy the blocks! I’ve clearly taken inspiration from the Breakout (or Arkanoid) series, but added a physics-y twist.